Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Celebrate the Occasion!!!

Hello, again!! It's Celebrate the Occasion design team day!! What does that mean, you ask? Well, it means there's a new challenge over at CTO, and you, my friends, are asked to join in on the fun!! The challenge this week is "School's Out" and the card, LO, or project MUST contain an apple. Now, that was certainly a challenge for me, because I typically think of apples going in my beginning of the school year projects!! So, I thought and thought, and decided to alter a super simple card from the Hello Kitty Greeting cartridge to make it a summer card!! I think I'm going to give it to my best friend (a teacher) when she completes the school year. It has been a stressful year for her, and I'm sure she will appreciate this card! hopefully, she won't see it on here first!! LOL!! This is my card....



I added some white and black gel pen doodles, and re-named the books to SUMMER subjects! Of course, the Peachy Keen Face adds a little somethin' as well! I wrote this inside this super quick card...



Recipe:
Cricut Cartridge: Hello Kitty Greetings
Cardstock: Stampin' Up!
Sakura white Gelly Roll Pen
Sakura Black Glaze Embossing pen
Peachy Keen Stamps: Everyday Character Faces

Thanks so much for taking time to look at my project today!! Now, if I've inspired you, or even if I haven't....head on over to Celebrate the Occasion and link up your own School's Out project! We can't wait to see them!! :)

17 comments:

June Houck said...

You are a thoughtful friend! Your card is perfect. I love the doodles :)

Amy said...

This card is fabulous! Love the pen stitching and the clever "subjects" on the books!

Nicole said...

Oh, too cute!! LOVE IT! Your friend is really going to appreciate it.

CraftyJAR said...

Cute and imaginative card! Love the subject titles!
Judy

GiGi said...

This is SO CUTE! I love the subjects on the books! :)

Melissa said...

Very cute, love your titles on your books... no studying...lol

Lucianna Dilsaver said...

That is so cute, love the books with your inside sentiment, very sweet :)

Unknown said...

You did a wonderful job and love the books with the details.

Pat N. said...

That's an adorable card; love the bright colors!

web design outsource said...

Lovely card!! I just love this cute card... Those little apple is looking cute and beautiful.. I love this cute book and those colors.
Thanks for this nice post.

My 3 E Scrapbooking said...

This is soooo cute! I love the adorable face on the apple and your stitching makes it POP! Great job this week!

Aim said...

What an adorable card!! I bet it will make your friend's day!! :)

Thanks so much for sharing your DT talent at Celebrate The Occasion this week!!

Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com
CTO DTM

Amy E said...

OMG totally adorable! And you showed your expertise with that white gelly roll pen again!!! I love it!

Tana said...

This is super cute!

Cheryl Gaffney said...

What a wonderful card!! I laughed when I saw the titles of the books! :) It sure is a thoughtful card for a very deserving person.... teachers sure are everyday heroes! :)

TFS, Cheryl @ CardsbyCG.blogspot.com

Rachel said...

How creative! I love this so much! I just got the HK Greetings cart and was excited for THIS image because I'm a teacher and figured I could use it in my classroom somewhere at the beginning of the next school year. Now you're making me think about using it at the end of the year too!

Lisa Norris said...

Oh, what a cute idea! I love this! Thanks for sharing!

Lisa
http://prettypaperprettyribbons.blogspot.com