Tuesday, February 8, 2011

It's a CHALLENGE!! (or two, or three, maybe four, how about five or six....Ok,ok...Seven?!?! ;)


I promised myself (sort of a New Year's Resolution) that I would enter more challenges this year...get lots of inspiration from different crafters, and hopefully do some inspiring of others! Here are some cute Valentine Treat Bags that I made for my daughter's daycare friends....I needed to make Valentine's for her anyway, and when I saw some challenges on my regular blog visits, I decided to incorporate!! Yes, I am entering this in more than one challenge....SEVEN, in fact!! I was able to combine challenges with this!! I have never even combined 2 challenges before....let alone SEVEN!! But it worked this time!! Yippee!!

I am entering this into the following challenges:
My Pink Stamper...Secret Challenge...go watch her video to find it out! But this project fits it!
Crazy About Cricut's Thankful Thursday Challenge...Valentine Treat Bags
Paper Playtime's Challenge...Use Cupid or Hearts
Creative Cutter Room's Design Time Thursday Challenge..."Love Bug"
Cricut Sister's Monday Challenge...Use Create A Critter
SEI Challenges with Abby #2..."LOVE"
Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog's Cricut Crawl..."Share the LOVE" (must have the word 'love' in the final project.



Ingredients:
Create a Critter Cricut Cartridge
Stampin' Up! Cardstock
Patterned Paper from my stash (sorry, not sure who it's from!)
VersaMagic Chalk Ink in Perfect Plumeria
Martha Stewart Glitter Glue in Obsidian and Garnet
Cellophane Treat Bags
Staples/Adhesive/Corner Chomper
Assorted Valentine Goodies!! YUM!

Recipe:
Cut the Ladybug and all her layers at 2.5". Assemble accordingly. Cut the 'LOVE bug' saying and its layer at 1.75". Assemble accordingly (I off-set the layer of the saying to create a 'shadow' look). The treat bag topper background paper (I used white) should be cut at 4.25"x4", and score and fold at the halfway point of the 4" side. Pick a coordinating pattern for background paper and cut at 1.75"x4", and round edges with Corner Chomper. Fill cellophane bags with goodies (I used Fruit by the Foot, a Ring Pop, a Tootsie Roll Pop, Sweetheart Candies, and 3 Hershey Miniatures), and staple folded bag topper to the top of the cellophane bag. Ink the edges of the patterned background paper and attach to the topper with adhesive (I used my ATG gun, but any adhesive will work). Attach the assembled die-cuts to the topper, fill antennae and heart with glitter glue, and VOILA! a super-de-duper Valentine Treat Bag!!

I bet you are wondering how I knew about all of these GREAT challenges??? Well, I frequent MANY craft blogs daily (I have them saved to my browser 'favorites'), and sometimes I have a hard time keeping them straight...which ones had challenges, blog hops, etc. Well, Momo and Paula (2 sites I visit regularly) combined their efforts in a GREAT new site to keep everything in order!!! It's called The Craft Hot Spot and people can submit their crafty events and get them posted, and get some free press along the way!! It's a one-stop-shop for those looking for inspiration!What a SUPER-DUPER idea, ladies!! Thanks for giving me a "EUREKA" moment!! :) I highly recommend others to check this site out!!
***The My Pink Stamper Challenge was not listed on The Craft Hot Spot...but Robyn's site is my favorite...I've been visiting her daily for about 2 years!!***



Thanks for looking!!! And I challenge you to enter a Challenge, too!! :)

15 comments:

Linda Therrien said...

wow!! you have been a busy lady!! The bags came adorable - I can just picture the childrens faces when they get them.

Thank you for joining in cricut Sisters Monday Challenge - awesome job!!

Patti Ross said...

Dear Maquel,

Thank you so much for joining in our first Creative Sisters Monday Challenge. I just love your idea - and may need to "borrow" it when my granddaughter and I make her valentines for school. I love the colors you chose and the design!

Please make sure you leave a comment on my site and on my sisters to be entered into the drawing...make sure you let us know what cartridge is your favorite!

Good Luck in the challenge!

Patti Ross
www.pattilynncreations.blogspot.com

Minta's Creations said...

These are fabulous..Love them..
Just became your new follower..Would love it if you decided to follow my blog.
Minta

http://mintascreations.blogspot.com/

Kate said...

Wow, you have been working hard!! What wonderful treat bags! They are sure to be a hit with the children.
Thanks so much for playing along at FCCB this week too!

DIANA L. said...

too adorable !!!.
Super cute & HAPPY!! TFS

I have a give-a-way over at my blog
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com/

jen said...

Wow these are great and look yummy too... :)
I'm sure they will make some children very happy. TFS
I'm now following your blog. I would love for you to stop by and visit my blog sometime. jennyscards.blogspot.com
hugs,jen

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

These are so adorable and look super yummy! Thank you for joining us at Creative Cutter Room! Good Luck in the challenge! DT Member Carri

Abby said...

WOW so many!!! Beautiful work!!!!

dina said...

Love it! great idea! Dina

{Raechel} said...

Super Cute goodie bags! We are insync I made goodie bags too! LOL!
TFS~Raechel
http://raechelscards.blogspot.com/

Jean said...

These are so cute. Thanks for playing along with us at FCCB this week.

Sharon said...

These are just fantastic!!! Thank you for playing with us at Paper Playtime!! :)

Helen said...

These are so adorable!! Thanks for Sharing the Love at FCCB this week :)

Cheryl Gaffney said...

How sweet!! Create a Critter is my go-to cartridge... and I love every project I've seen!! Yours is totally lovable!

Thanks for participating in Thankful Thursday at Crazy About Cricut!! - Cheryl

crazyaboutcricut said...

Amazing project! Thank you so much for joining the first Thankful Thursday challenge! I hope you'll be able to join the current challenge and enter to win the Create a Critter cartridge :o)